HOME
 
 
  Locations / Partner
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 

Monastery clock (Stockuhr, arround 1880),
inside the city hall 

 
 
St. Georgen

Recreation resort, 800 - 1000 m, population 13 970

Clock collection inside the city hall
“Jockele” clocks, mantle and table clocks, shield clocks and Scottish clocks
of the 19th century, old city hall clock.
Mo. - Fr. 9.00 - 12.30 hr and 14.00 - 17.00 hr. May - Sept. Sat.10.00 - 12.00 hr.
Group appointments any time.

Native museum ‘Schwarzes Tor’
Clock exhibition and clock maker workshop, clock shield painters room,
Clocks of 17th –19th century, old clock maker tools.
May - Sept. Sat. 13.00 - 16.00 hr,
Oct. - April every 1st Saturday of the month 13.00 - 16.00 hr.
In addition, between June-Sept. guided tours on Tuesdays 10.30 hr.
Groups upon appointment at any time.

Additional sights worth seeing:
German phonograph museum, source of the river Brigach, mineral exhibition inside the city hall, Glockenspiel at the Market place, Lapidarium – rocks from the time of the monastery, Kobisen mill in Oberkirnach.

Tourist-Information
78112 St. Georgen
phone +49 -(0)7724 / 87194
fax +49 -(0)7724 / 87120
touristinfo@stadtverwaltung.st-georgen.de
www.st-georgen.de and www.dasferienland.de